Monday, December 29, 2014

Make Mistakes in 2015!


"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something."
- Neil Gaiman 


I know I say this every year, but I can't believe how fast the time has gone. To think that a New Year is only 3 sleeps away is as crazy as it is exciting. Crazy because in some ways I'm not ready for it and exciting because in other ways I'm like a giddy school girl impatiently waiting for what's to come.  

The most adventurous journey I'm about to embark on is as an instructor for Life Book 2015. This is honestly a dream come true for me, as I have been a student of the class since it's inception. I've personally experienced the impact it's had on myself and others, and to think that I will now be a part of that beautiful, soulful and artistic inspiration is just too much to describe. Suffice it to say that my eyes are welling up as I write this. . . . 

And I hope that Life Book is just the beginning of more to come. I'm going to pursue more teaching opportunities this year and have gratefully been invited to conduct another workshop in Palm Desert, CA this April (all about big-eyed Mixed Media girls - more to come!). In addition to that, I will - as in, I. Am. Going. To. - begin posting process videos on my newish YouTube channel. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I just need to get off my tushy and make it happen. 

So I guess more than anything, I'm going to take the clean slate that is a New Year and write all over it. Write my dreams, my goals and my desires so it's out there for all to see. The older I get the more I understand that in order to get what I want out of life, I'm the one that's going to have to make it happen. I steer the boat and I can take it in any direction I want. We all can. As long as we're willing to make mistakes along the way. . . .

To love, life and dreams come true
Happy New Year with Love,

Kristin xo

15 comments:

Mary Ann Potter said...

A New Year of creativity to you Kristin! It's time for those of us who are passionate about our art to stretch our wings. There's so much to anticipate!

p.s.- I have a piece in the new Somerset Studio; see page 118. My blog "This Country Life" has a little bit about it.

http://www.artist45.blogspot.com

Virginia said...

and a Happy New Year to you - you look like you've got plenty coming up in 2015!

Much love

Valerie-Jael said...

I wish you good luck in 2015, and may you make your dreams come true! Hugs, Valerie

massofhair said...

WOW Kristin that is a wonderful plan for 2015 and beyond, i believe you will do everything you have planned and more.

Mistakes are our guides, teachers and our balance on this mortal coil...

Enjoy the New Year, may it bring you Joy, Happiness, Creativity and More.

Big Hugz
Mo:-) xxx

Terri Corona said...

I'm so excited for you, your new opportunities and your determination. I hope I can generate anywhere close to that level of determination and energy!

Christine said...

Happy New Year Kristin!

Megan P. Ernst said...

Hello, I'm a new follower! I love the quote you've included--it's definitely a great thought for the new year. Best wishes for you in 2015. Your future endeavors sound super exciting and I'm looking forward to hearing more about them in the new year!

Alexandra MacVean said...

What a great post, Kristin. I LOVE the photo with the quote - so true! Wishing you a wonderful New Year!! xx

Linda Kunsman said...

You have already begun on your road to an exciting and artful new year-wishing you all the best, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours!

Trudy said...

You are an inspiration. Happy New Year!

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

Happy new year Kristin! I'm so proud of all you have achieved since we first got to know each other, and am so excited about this year for you. Go get them! xoxo

Unknown said...

I hope you have the very best of everything in 2015....Happy New Year to you...and thanks so much for being such an inspiration to me!

K J D said...

I hope all your dreams come true....

Looking forward to that YOUTube channel very much :)

Happy New Year to you and yours Kristin

xxxxx

Sandra said...

i hope you got what you want in last year 2015

Carol J. Lacy said...

Awesome. I appreciate this. Thanks
clipping path service|Background Removal service|Vector Tracing