Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday's Thought


"Every creative person sets up vital currents in life that enrich the world. He has subconsciously accepted life as a vital, joyous experience and his consciousness seeks out the unusual. He wants fresh ideas in his mind. He chooses to keep his world flexible and his viewpoints expanding. He is clear in his certainty of good. . . The entire area of both his conscious and subconscious mind is alive with the present and creatively anticipating the future."

- Raymond Charles Barker, 1957

7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love this!!

E Makes Art said...

ooh, I love this quote! I've never read it before. And I love the picture...makes me want to run back into my studio!
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I did have a very nice, and inspirational trip. Thank you again, my friend.

xoEsther

Julia Christie said...

Kristin, I really love this whole thought! Great picture too. I am inspired...

Smiles!

Amy said...

I'm always wanting fresh ideas and fresh materials...love the swirs and wirls of paint, just makes me want to get my fingers right in there

Mandy said...

lovely quote...hi there...my little guy has narrowly avoided severvl visits to the hospital...thus no activity....thanks for the hi!!! we'l get there....4 sick kids in the last 2 weeks all at the same time...mandy is very run down needless to say!!!!hopefully its all better from here...take care...xxx

Nicola said...

Great picture Kristin!!! Lovely quote too!

rachel awes said...

i LOVE these paint currents of yours!
candy for the soul!
& your poppy below is darling!
lovely to visit your blog, kristin.