Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Artistic Mother's Group

"Kendra-isms" Tote and Journal
Project 3

Tiny tote measures 9 x9 inches

Detail of photo and fabric flower


Okay, so I totally outsourced this one! Although I feel pretty confident with paper and paint, I can not sew to save my life. And, if you can believe it, my Mom is a home decor seamstress and decorative painter! So, I called an expert on this one and took my bag of fabric swatches, pre-printed photo (onto canvas) and fusible interfacing over to my Mom's house. . .

I have to say, I really enjoyed making this little tote (it was so much smaller than I expected). And although my Mom is really the one who deserves the credit for helping me put it together, I love working with fabric (usually reserved for collages) and relished the opportunity to use some of the swatches that I've been hoarding over the years. I also loved making the fabric flower I learned how to do on shona's blog.

Next stop for The Artistic Mother's Group: project 4 - making a Vision Statement Banner. I plan to post the beginnings of it next week at this time. Until then, happy crafting . . .

Kristin xo

10 comments:

Trudy said...

Your tote is amazing. Love it.

Lisa said...

Kristin - WOW. Just wow. Those colors, the layout...wow! Ok, I REALLY need to get started on mine. I want one now, but have to start somewhere in order to get it! :)

Congrats on finishing this up - they look amazing!

Colette said...

I'm really attracted to the photo (so cute!) and the wonderful colours and patterns. And the photo tops it off.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hey- thanks for stopping by and WOWZER! you tote is darling:-) great color combination and great photo and..well..jusy GREAT :-) You did good!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love this little tote that you (and mom!) made Kristin . . . sweet!

Anonymous said...

wow.....you finished that one quickly!!!
it came out beautifully. the fabrics all work nicely together & i absolutely LOVE the flower with the jewel embellishment.
as always, stunning work, kristin...:)
(did the joann run yesterday.....starting on mine today)

Unknown said...

Kristin it is awesome!!! the journal looks so cute in it too! great job....(great job seamstress mom too)

Amy said...

Your art is so versatile..I love that you make art of everything..wish I could do that.
I love the tote..very cute and special too.

Kristi Wodek said...

I am struggling with my bag for that project. Yours is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! The photo is priceless. Your projects are very inspiring!!!!

vickie said...

Kristin!! Cute tote!! wow, i am so behind...i am only now making papers...probably because i'm taking a class and it's kind of taking over all my extra time. but i'm planning on posting some of what i've been doing.

i love what you're doing and your little girl is awesome! so cute! nice to know you on the blogosphere!